These are exciting times at Strutt’s North Mill and we are looking for more volunteers to get involved in all sorts of ways!
At Strutt’s North Mill we provide a diverse range of volunteering opportunities, and there are a number of roles and activities for those wishing to get involved. We offer volunteering opportunities which require regular time commitments, but we are also developing more one off events and projects, which allow for more flexible time commitments.
The range of volunteering opportunities we have at Strutt’s North Mill means that we’re likely to have something that suits you. All volunteers are offered training to ensure they are confident in the role they are doing.
We need volunteers to help us make Belper and the Derwent Valley a great place to live and to visit.
Our volunteer opportunities currently include (but are not restricted to):
- Receptionists: Volunteers to greet visitors, assist with general enquiries, serve refreshments and supervise the small gift shop.
- Guides: Volunteers with an interest in local history and a passion to share the story of the Mill and Derwent Valley through guided tours.
- Education facilitators: Volunteers to assist with education activities for school groups visiting the Mill and Belper.
- Craft team: Volunteers keen to develop the Mill’s craft activities, create new merchandise for sale in the shop, and develop exhibition displays.
- Maintenance: Volunteers to help maintain and improve the museum and machinery.
Other volunteer opportunities being developed include:
- Website and social media: further developing our online presence.
- Finance and bid writing: supporting our Fundraiser to spot and apply for funding opportunities.
- Community events: helping to organise events in the community.
- Historical research: researching further the history of the Mill and its workers.
- Digital and interactive displays: developing new displays using modern technology.
There will also be volunteering opportunities on specific projects as they are developed; these opportunities and roles will be advertised to all current and potential volunteers.
Volunteers can contact us using the button below or call 01773 880474.